Welcome to our Right to Choose home

If you are referred by your GP for specialist treatment, such as an attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or autism assessment, you have the legal right to choose which provider oversees your care, as long as you are a registered NHS patient in England.

I want an assessment

Get started by completing a self-report form

Go to self-report forms

I’m a GP

Refer your patient to our service using our digital process

Start a referral
Choose ProblemShared through your GP

What Right to Choose services do we provide?

We currently provide the following services through the NHS Right to Choose scheme:

Adults (aged 18+) autism and ADHD

  • Assessments for adults
  • Psychoeducation groups
  • ADHD medication (where appropriate)

Children (aged 7+) autism and ADHD

  • Launching 2024
Register interest

How Right to Choose works with us

If you are seeking an assessment with us, follow these steps:

  • 1

    Complete a self-report form

    • Complete the self-report form for your suspected neurodevelopmental condition.
    Get your self-report form >
  • 2

    Ask your GP for a referral

    • Speak to your GP and ask them to refer you to ProblemShared.
    • Give your completed self-report form to your GP.
    Find your nearest GP >
  • 3

    Wait for your GP to refer you

    • Your GP will refer you to our service through our digital referral process.
    • You’ll get an email to notify you once their referral has been made.
  • 4

    Provide your enrolment information

    • We’ll ask you for some important enrolment information.
    • Your referral will be reviewed by our clinical team.
  • 5

    Look out for a confirmation email

    • If you are suitable for our online service, your referral will be approved.
    • You’ll get an email informing you of next steps.

Why choose ProblemShared?

  • We’re leading the way

    • Our assessments are strength-based and person-centred.
    • We’re the only provider to offer a neurodevelopmental service that includes post-diagnostic care.
    • Our unique psychoeducation groups are a space for you and your family to better understand your diagnosis and receive ongoing support.
    • Our highly trained, accredited clinicians can prescribe medication where appropriate.
    • We’re fully online, meaning you can access our service from the comfort of your home.
  • We’re trusted by

  • We’re regulated

    ProblemShared is regulated by the CQC, meaning we are held to the highest standards of care.

    We are a fully qualified NHS provider, and are committed to excellence across our entire service.

  • Our clinicians are certified experts

    Our neurodevelopmental team include occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, nurses, clinical psychologist and psychiatrists.

    They are all highly qualified, accredited by their relevant professional bodies, and follow the codes of conduct drawn from National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines.

What is NHS Right to Choose?

If you are a registered NHS patient in England and are referred by your GP for specialist treatment, such as a neurodevelopmental assessment, you have the legal right to choose an appropriate healthcare provider.

This is known as your Right to Choose.

It means you can decide which organisation will oversee your care, as long as they are located in England and fully qualified.

Right to Choose allows the NHS to better manage its wait lists and for you to access support faster.

If you’d like to know more, you can follow this link to read more on the NHS website.

Further support

If you have any specific questions or concerns, you can email us at: support@problemshared.net

Send an email

Here’s what our clients have to say

Frequently asked questions

How can I be referred under Right to Choose?
Who is eligible under Right to Choose?
What should I do if my GP will not refer me to ProblemShared under Right to Choose?
Does Right to Choose cover Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?
Is ProblemShared an eligible Right to Choose provider?
Can I get help for my child under the Right to Choose scheme?
How long is your Right to Choose wait list?
How will I know if ProblemShared have received my referral and if my application has been successful?
What happens after my assessment?
Does Right to Choose cover other issues, such as support with eating disorders or depression?
If I am diagnosed with ADHD by ProblemShared, are you able to prescribe medication?
What if I do not recieve a diagnosis from ProblemShared, what are the next steps? Will I have to pay?
I am having problems downloading my forms, what should I do?
Can I self-refer under Right to Choose?
I'm already on a wait list for an NHS assessment. Can I change it to Right to Choose so I can be seen sooner?
Do I have to wait for my ICB (Integrated Care Board) to agree to have a Right to Choose assessment?
Can I access Right to Choose if I have already had a neurodevelopmental assessment?
I have had an assessment elsewhere and have not received a diagnosis. I want a second opinion, can I do this through Right to Choose?
What if I require medication after my ADHD assessment?
Will Right to Choose cover the cost of the medication?
I already have a diagnosis from elsewhere, but I cannot afford the medication. Can I get referred to you under RTC specifically to access medication?
Can I receive psychoeducation or talk therapy with ProblemShared through Right to Choose?
Can I access your psychoeducation workshops?
What happens in the psychoeducation workshops?
I have another question about Right to Choose. How can I speak to someone?
Have you received my referral from my GP yet?
I want to file a complaint about the Right to Choose service, what is your complaints process?
I am 16 years old - do my parents have to be present, or part of my assessment process?
I have seen the word 'informant' used on your website, what does this mean?
Can I come to you just for medication under RTC?
I am waiting for an assessment and changing GPs, the new GP accepts shared care, if medication was recommended after a positive diagnosis, would I then be able to have this amended on my records and referral too?
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. View our Privacy Policy for more information.